Consumer Priority Service
Terms and Conditions – Major Appliances
The obligor of this PLAN is MHHC Warranty and Service Inc. (MHHC), located at 400 Union ST SE Olympia, WA 98501 (800) 743 - 7480. The Administrator of this Plan (Hereinafter “ADMINISTRATOR”), is Consumer Priority Service, Inc., located at 3101 Emmons Ave Brooklyn NY 11235 (800) 905 - 0443.
Obligations of this plan are guaranteed under a Contractual Liability insurance policy issued by Plateau Casualty Insurance Company. Should the ADMINISTRATOR fail to pay or provide service on a claim, including claims related to the return of unearned portion of the premium, within sixty (60) days after proof of loss has been filed, the contract holder is entitled to make a claim directly against the service contract reimbursement insurance company, Plateau Casualty Insurance Company, located at 2701 N. Main St. Crossville, TN 38555 (888) 398 - 3632.
ADMINISTRATOR agrees with the purchaser of this Plan (Hereinafter “OWNER”), to service registered products that experience a mechanical breakdown, due to manufacturer’s defects in materials and workmanship and normal wear and tear that are the result of normal usage for a period selected by the OWNER subject to a maximum coverage period of five (5) years after the manufacturer warranty has ended for a grand total of six (6) years coverage. The Plan covers eligible products purchased as new and manufactured for use in the United States, which at the time of purchase included a Manufacturer’s original written warranty valid in the United States providing minimum coverage of ninety (90) days parts and ninety (90) days labor. The Plan begins on the expiry date of the Manufacturer’s Warranty and is between ADMINISTRATOR and the OWNER. This Plan pays for parts and labor for functional parts. Functional parts are those component parts that are critical to the performance of the product’s essential function. Nonfunctional parts are those parts that are not critical, knobs, handles or cosmetic parts. ADMINISTRATOR will repair or replace the unit or any parts thereof, as required, subject to the terms and conditions of this Plan. ADMINISTRATOR is not obligated to renew your Plan, however, if renewal coverage is offered, the price quoted will reflect current service costs and the age of the product.
This plan applies exclusively to products located in single-family dwelling, individual condominium units, town houses, and modular homes in the United States and Canada. Coverage for commercial business is available. Please contact the ADMINISTRATOR indicated below for further details
THIS PLAN (HEREINAFTER “PLAN”) IS A LEGAL CONTRACT BETWEEN YOU AND THE ADMINISTRATOR. COVERAGE INCLUDES ONLY THOSE ITEMS STATED AS COVERED, EXCLUDING ALL OTHERS. IN ADDITION TO THE GENERAL CONDITIONS AND EXCLUSIONS STATED BELOW; DEPENDING ON THE COVERAGE YOU SELECT AND THE ITEMS YOU CHOOSE TO INCLUDE IN THIS PLAN, DIFFERENT TERMS, CONDITIONS, AND EXCLUSIONS MAY APPLY TO SPECIFIC PRODUCTS. PLEASE READ THIS PLAN CAREFULLY AND COMPLETELY.
Along with the wording of original equipment manufacturers’ written warranty, the following terms and conditions will apply:
- Plan coverage is provided for authorized products only.
- Plan coverage for all products begins upon the expiration of the manufacturer’s warranty not to exceed 6 years in total coverage.
- If service under the Plan is provided on-site at your location, a person who has reached the legal age (18 years old) must be present at all times during the service call.
- ADMINISTRATOR reserves the right to repair or replace the covered product with a comparable feature model of like kind and quality. ADMINISTRATOR reserves the sole right to determine, according to the terms and conditions of the Plan, whether a covered item will be repaired or replaced.
- ADMINISTRATOR is not responsible for matching any feature of an existing item that does not contribute to the primary function of that item.
- Product replacement under this Plan will fulfill this agreement for the claimed product only. Once a replacement/settlement has been released, there shall be no further obligations under this Plan for said claimed product
- If no defect is found (no fault found) or service cannot be approved based on the terms and conditions of this Plan, OWNER shall be responsible for service costs incurred
- In the event that a covered product is damaged by a power surge, coverage under this Plan will apply, excluding software or data, provided proof that an approved power surge protector was in use at the time of damage and any additional conditions included herein.
- Plan coverage is provided for authorized products only and does not cover any accessory such as special connective cables, mounts or remote controls. This plan does cover the replacement of the power adaptor and battery.
- Should parts no longer be available for a Covered Product, ADMINISTRATOR, at its sole discretion, shall offer a replacement option of like kind and function or a monetary settlement equal to the current market value (Hereinafter “CMV”) of the covered product as determined by the ADMINISTRATOR
- n the event of mechanical failure of a refrigeration or freezing appliance covered by the terms and conditions of this Plan (which causes spoilage of foods), ADMINISTRATOR will refund the amount of the actual loss for up to 30 days prior to the claim date based on presented invoices, up to a maximum of $250.00 during the term of this Plan.
- While covered under this Plan, if a product requires covered service on three (3) separate occasions for the same component and then requires a fourth (4th) repair for the same component, as determined by our authorized service center, ADMINISTRATOR will replace the product. Authorized service repair receipts from three (3) separate repair incidents must be sent to and approved by ADMINISTRATOR in order to qualify for replacement.
This Plan must be registered properly and completely within 30 days of your Plan purchase date. To register your Plan, visit www.cpscentral.com and click the “Register” button. If you prefer to register by telephone with a representative, please call (800) 905- 0443. Failure to properly register this plan may restrict your coverage benefits.
This Plan is transferable to a subsequent owner but not for a new or different product. You may transfer this Plan to a new owner of the covered product(s) by emailing notice of transfer to email@example.com or calling (800) 905–0443. You must provide The ADMINISTRATOR the serial number, proof of purchase of the Plan, the name, address, telephone number and email address of the new owner. A transfer fee of $25.00 will apply.
OWNER may cancel this Plan at any time for any reason within thirty (30) days of the original purchase date of the Plan and receive a full refund. ADMINISTRATOR may cancel this Plan for reasons, including but not limited to, misuse of the product, unauthorized modifications to the product, non-residential or commercial use of the product. In the event of cancellation by ADMINISTRATOR (except for non-payment), ADMINISTRATOR will provide the Plan owner with a pro-rata refund. All service related costs incurred during Plan ownership, shall be fully deducted from the Pro-rated refund amount. In the event that the service related costs under Plan ownership exceed the pro-rated refund amount, no refund shall be issued.
To Arrange for Service:
For prompt service call (800) 905-0443. Please have your Plan information available so that our customer service representative can assist you in scheduling proper authorized service for your covered product.
You may obtain and submit estimates of repair to ADMINISTRATOR for review and approval. All submitted estimates must receive prior approval from ADMINISTRATOR before service has been performed in order to qualify for reimbursement under this Plan. Please call (800) 905-0443 for assistance. Failure to properly follow this procedure may delay or cause denial of your reimbursement request.
Limit of Liability:
Our obligations under this agreement will be considered fulfilled upon one of the following events determined solely by us; contract term expiration; or, product replacement
- ADMINISTRATOR, OBLIGOR and/or Insurer shall not be held liable for any violations of federal, state and local laws, regulations or guidelines prior to the beginning of the contract term and will not perform repairs or replacements that violate any current federal, state and local laws, regulations or guidelines.
- ADMINISTRATOR, OBLIGOR and/or Insurer shall not be responsible or liable for secondary, incidental, and/or consequential loss or damage resulting from the malfunction of any covered item, including, but not limited to loss of income, utility bills, additional living expenses, personal and/or property damage.
- ADMINISTRATOR, OBLIGOR and/or Insurer is not responsible or liable for any delay in service or failure to provide service caused by conditions beyond ADMINISTRATOR, OBLIGOR and/or Insurer’s control such as weather.
This Agreement will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the internal laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to the principles of conflicts of law that would require the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction. Any legal action, suit or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Agreement or the transactions contemplated hereby shall only be instituted, heard and adjudicated (excluding appeals) only in a state or federal court located in New York, and each party hereto knowingly, voluntarily and intentionally waives any objection which such party may now or hereafter have to the laying of the venue of any such action, suit or proceeding, and irrevocably submits to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of any such court in any such action, suit or proceeding. Service of process in connection with any such action, suit or proceeding may be served on each party hereto anywhere in the world by the same methods as are specified for the giving of notices under this Agreement.
- All claims placed within 1 year from the date of purchase of your plan will be excluded from coverage.
- This Plan does not cover failure as a result of: misuse, abuse, user induced damage, rust or corrosion, mistreatment, including but not limited to, removal of parts and damage by people, pests, or pets, spilled liquids (except for mobile electronics) or foreign objects found inside the equipment; repair of damage or food loss caused by accident, theft, fire, flood, external causes such as, but not limited to, blown fuses, inadequate electrical power, water and gas lines beyond the equipment, plugged drains, or any use of the product not authorized by the manufacturer.
- This Plan does not cover deterioration of the appearance of the product, any cosmetic part or finish defects such as paint, porcelain, glass or plastic, dents, scratches, chips, breakage, loss, rust or peeling.
- Any damage resulting from unauthorized replacement parts, improper service or modifications made to the covered product(s) including firmware or software.
- Loss occurring during the manufacturer’s warranty period and any loss due to failure to follow the manufacturer’s recommended maintenance, specifications or operating instructions during the term of this Plan.
- Any loss resulting from collision with another object or any damage while the product is in transit is excluded.
- Any costs and damage related to installation and/or reinstallation of products are not covered under this Plan.
- Any loss resulting from manufacturer’s recall or rework, regardless of the manufacturer’s ability to pay for such repairs, is excluded.
- Repair, replacement, installation, or modification of any component or part thereof, that has been, or is, determined to be defective by the Consumer Product Safety Commission or for which a manufacturer has issued, or issues, a warning, recall, or determination of defect.
- System or appliance upgrades, or repairs or replacements required:
- when the malfunction is due to missing components, parts, or equipment;
- when the malfunction is due to lack of capacity in the appliance; or
- to comply with any federal, state, or local laws, regulations or ordinances, utility regulations, or building or zoning code requirements, except as otherwise specified in this contract.
If at any time a dispute arises between OWNER and ADMINISTRATOR on claim adjudication, OWNER has full rights under this policy to file an appeal through ADMINISTRATOR by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting an appeal form. ADMINISTRATOR will review and respond to all appeals within 48 business hours. ADMINISTRATOR will make reasonable efforts to resolve appeals amicably within the confines of the terms and conditions stated herein
- Routine maintenance (you are responsible for providing maintenance and cleaning of covered items as specified by the manufacturer)
- Flues, venting, chimneys, and exhaust lines
- Repair or remediation of cosmetic defects
- Thermal glass breakage
- Consumer and or user replaceable parts
- Dishwasher racks
- Door or door track assemblies
- Removable accessories
The Administrator of this Plan, Consumer Priority Service, Inc., located at 3101 Emmons Ave Brooklyn NY 11235 (800) 905 - 0443.
Obligations of this plan are guaranteed under a service contract reimbursement insurance policy issued by Plateau Casualty Insurance Company. Should the ADMINISTRATOR fail to pay or provide service on a claim, including claims related to the return of unearned portion of the premium, within sixty (60) days after proof of loss has been filed, the contract holder is entitled to make a claim directly against the service contract reimbursement insurance company, Plateau Casualty Insurance Company, located at 2701 N. Main St. Crossville, TN 38555 (888) 398 - 3632. The obligor of this PLAN is MHHC Warranty and Service Inc. (MHHC), located at 400 Union ST SE Olympia, WA 98501 (800) 743 -7480.
State Specific Information:
Alabama only: In the event that we cancel this Plan for any reason, except nonpayment of the Plan purchase price or a material misrepresentation by You, We shall provide you with written notice of such cancellation at least five days prior to the effective date of the same.
Arizona only: Claims paid or the cost of repairs performed shall not be deducted from any refund owed upon cancellation of this Plan. We will not cancel or void this Plan due to pre-existing conditions, prior use or unlawful acts relating to the product or misrepresentation by us or our subcontractors. Neither We, Our assignees, nor our subcontractors will cancel or void coverage under this Plan due to our failure to provide correct information or our failure to perform the services or repairs provided in a timely, competent and workmanlike manner.
California only: This service contract can be cancelled by the contract holder for any reason. If you decide to cancel this service contract, and a cancellation notice is received by the Administrator with thirty (30) days for a home appliance or a home electronic, or within sixty (60) days for all other products, of the date you received the service contract, and no claims have been made against the service contract, you will be refunded the full service contract price. If you cancel your service contract after thirty (30) days for a home appliance or home electronic, or after sixty (60) days for all other products, from the date you received this service contract, you shall receive a pro-rata refund of any amount of the service contract price, less any claims paid, less an administrative fee of ten percent (10%) of the service contract price or $25, whichever is less, unless otherwise precluded by law.
Connecticut only: The expiration date of this Plan shall automatically be extended by the duration that the Covered Product is in our custody while being repaired. You may pursue arbitration to settle disputes between you and us. You may mail your complaint to: State of Connecticut, Insurance Department, P.O. Box 816 Hartford, Connecticut 06142-0816, Attention: Consumer Affairs. The written complaint must describe the dispute, identify the price of the product and cost of repair, and include a copy of this Plan.
Georgia only: This contract will be interpreted and enforced according to the laws of the State of Georgia. Cancellation shall comply with Section 33-24-44 of the Code of Georgia. Notice of such cancellation will be in writing and given at least 30 days prior to cancellation. Refunds will be based on the excess of the consideration paid for this Plan above the customary short rate for the expired term of the Plan. Claims paid shall not be deducted from any refund owed. Any refund owed and not paid as required is subject to a penalty equal to 25% of the refund owed and interest of 18% per year until paid; however, such penalty shall not exceed 50% of the amount of the refund.
Hawaii only: In the event we cancel this Plan, We shall provide five (5) days prior notice of such cancellation which notice shall include the effective date of cancellation. If a refund is not paid by us within forty-five (45) days after your return of the Contract to Us, We will pay you a penalty of ten percent (10%) of the purchase price for each thirty (30) day period the refund remains unpaid.
Indiana only: If performance under this Plan is interrupted because of a strike or work stoppage at our place of business, the effective period of this Plan shall be extended for the duration of such strike or work stoppage.
Michigan only: Proof of payment for this Plan constitutes proof of payment to the insurer identified herein for the reimbursement insurance coverage specified.
Nevada only: The obligor in Nevada is MHHC Enterprises, Inc. If you are not satisfied with the manner in which the provider is handling the claim on the Contract, You may contact the Commissioner by use of the toll-free number of the Division, (888) 872-3234. If a refund is not paid by us within forty-five (45) days after your return of the Contract to Us, We will pay you a penalty of ten percent (10%) of the purchase price for each thirty (30) day period the refund remains unpaid.